How to Register – Summer Academy for High School Organists
2) Audition requirements
3) How to fill out your Application Form
4) Application Form (page 2) – Required for Students Under 18
1) Apply for the institute:
- Application Form:
You can type directly into these online forms (Firefox and Internet Explorer web browsers work best; Safari may not support editable form fields) and print a copy for mailing.
- Music Résumé:
All students not currently enrolled in an Eastman degree program must attach a music résumé.
- Mail Application Form and Music Résumé to:
Eastman School of Music
26 Gibbs Street, Box 36
Rochester, NY 14604-2599
Applications may also be faxed to (585)274-1089.
PLEASE NOTE: The application deadline for this program is May 1, 2017 (earlier than the general June 1 deadline).
2) Audition requirements:
- Audition Recording:
- A recording of two contrasting pieces, uploaded online and shared with the coordinator (firstname.lastname@example.org). The sharing platforms could be Dropbox, Google Drive, or (for shorter sound files), mp3s attached to an email. We will not accept CDs this year. Please email the coordinator with any questions or need for assistance.
- Letter(s) of Recommendation:
- 1-2 recommendations from organ teacher and/or musical mentors.
3) How to fill out your Application Form:
- Student information:
Please provide all of the requested personal information in the top section of the form.
If you would like to stay in the Eastman Student Living Center, please indicate the check-in date and the check-out date. To calculate the number of nights, count the arrival day but not the departure date. Multiply this number by $77 to arrive at the total housing cost. If you choose to stay off-campus, please put $0 as the total. For other housing options, please click here.
- Registration Information/Discounts:
Write the CRN code (near the tuition at the bottom of the course description), the course number (near the course title), the course/institute name(s), and the tuition. Deduct $100 if you are a current ESM student or an ESM alumnus/alumna taking a noncredit institute.
You may pay by check or by credit card. For safety reasons, it is recommended that you send your application by mail or fax if it includes a credit card number. Please do not send any credit card information via email.
- Photography, Sound and Video Recording Release:
Write name of student, then check “opt-in” or “opt-out.”
Important: Your application is not valid until signed and dated by you (and, if under 18, your parent/guardian)!
4) Application Form (page 2) – Required for Students Under 18:
- Personal Information:
Please provide all of the requested personal information in the top section of the page.
- Additional Information:
Please provide all of the requested information.
- How did you hear about this program?:
Please be as specific as possible. Thank you for your help!
- Apply by May 1, 2017. There is no fee to apply to this program.
- Upon acceptance: tuition, Additional Forms for Students Under 18, and housing payment (if applicable) due by June 1, 2017.
- Final deadline
- Tuition and housing payment (if applicable) due by June 1, 2017.