How to Register – Summer Jazz Studies
1) Application Materials
2) Audition requirements
3) How to fill out your Application Form
4) Application Form (page 2) – Required for Students Under 18
1) Application Materials:
- Application Form:
You can type directly into these online forms (Firefox and Internet Explorer web browsers work best; Safari may not support editable form fields) and print a copy for mailing.
- Music Résumé:
All students not currently enrolled in an Eastman degree program must attach a music résumé.
- Application Fee:
$50 nonrefundable if complete application is postmarked by April 1, 2017
$100 nonrefundable if complete application is postmarked by April 30, 2017
- Mail Application Form and application fee to:
Eastman School of Music
Eastman Community Music School
26 Gibbs Street, Box 26
Rochester, NY 14604-2599
Application materials may also be faxed to (585)274-1005.
2) Audition requirements:
Please email your biography and recording(s) to: email@example.com by May 1, 2017.
- Short Biography:
One or two paragraphs about your solo and ensemble experience, awards, honors, etc.
- Musical Résumé:
A musical résumé including recent solo and ensemble music, honors, awards
A recommendation from your current ensemble director or private teacher (may be sent by postal mail or email to addresses listed above)
- Audition Recording (mp3 files or YouTube links):
- 5–7 minutes maximum
- Three contrasting pieces, i.e. bebop tune, standard, ballad
- Recorded examples to include improvised solos
- Accompanying skills: walking bass, comping, etc.
- Drums: four recorded examples, including medium tempo swing with trading fours; ballad with brushes; up-tempo swing; Latin
3) How to fill out your Application Form:
- Student Information:
Please provide all of the requested personal information in the top section of the form.
If you would like to stay in the Eastman Student Living Center, please indicate the check-in date and the check-out date. To calculate the number of nights, count the arrival day but not the departure date. Multiply this number by $77 to arrive at the total housing cost. If you choose to stay off-campus, please put $0 as the total. For other housing options, please click here.
- Payment: The Application Fee must accompany your application. You may pay by check or by credit card. For safety reasons, it is recommended that you send your application by mail or fax if it includes a credit card number. Please do not send any credit card information via email. Full tuition and housing payment are due after acceptance and before attending the first day of the program.
- Photography, Sound and Video Recording Release: Write name of student, then check “opt-in” or “opt-out.”
- Signatures: Important: Your application is not valid until signed and dated by you (and, if under 18, your parent/guardian)!
4) Application Form (page 2) – Required for Students Under 18:
- Personal Information:
Please provide all of the requested personal information in the top section of the page.
- Additional Information:
Please provide all of the requested information.
- How did you hear about this program?:
Please be as specific as possible. Thank you for your help!
- Apply by April 1, 2017 to benefit from the $50 application fee.
- Apply by April 30, 2017 to secure your place in the program.
- Upon acceptance, tuition and housing payment (if applicable) due by June 1, 2017.