How to Register – APSI® Music Theory – Teacher Training
1) Apply for the institute
2) How to fill out your Application Form
3) Register for this institute on the College Board’s website (required to complete your registration)
4) Send completed forms to Summer@Eastman
5) Main Deadline
1) Apply for the institute:
- Application Form:
You can type directly into these online forms (Firefox and Internet Explorer web browsers work best; Safari may not support editable form fields). Completed forms and supporting documents may be sent via postal mail or uploaded to the secure Summer@Eastman dropbox.
- Music Résumé:
All students not currently enrolled in an Eastman degree program must attach a music résumé.
2) How to fill out your Application Form:
- Student Information:
Please provide all of the requested personal information in the top section of the form.
If you would like to stay in the Eastman Student Living Center, indicate the check-in date and the check-out date. Please be sure the dates you choose are within the range shown for your program on this housing chart. To calculate the number of nights, count the arrival day but not the departure date. Multiply this number by $81 to arrive at the total housing cost. If you choose to stay off-campus, please put $0 as the total. For other housing options, please click here.
NOTE: Student Living Center housing reservations must be received by May 15, 2019; housing requests received after that date are subject to room availability and SLC staff approval. No housing requests will be granted after June 23.
- Registration Information/Discounts:
Enter the CRN code (near the tuition at the bottom of the course description), the course number (near the course title), the course/institute name(s), and the tuition. Deduct $100 if you are a current ESM student or an ESM alumnus/alumna taking the noncredit version of this institute.
Full payment of tuition and housing (if applicable) is required to complete your application. Payments can be made by check, purchase order, or credit card.
If you are paying by check or purchase order, please mail your payment to:
Eastman School of Music
26 Gibbs Street, Box 36
Rochester, NY 14604
Make checks/purchase orders payable to “Eastman School of Music”; please include the student name with your payment.
To pay using a credit card: once your registration form has been received, an email will be sent to you with your assigned University of Rochester student ID number and a link to Eastman’s online credit card payment portal. The UR ID number is required in order to process and credit your payment. (It may take a few days for your ID number to be generated; we will save your space in class in the meantime.) Follow the instructions to pay online. We will contact you once your payment has been received to confirm your registration.
Please note: we are unable to accept credit card information over the phone or via email. Credit card payments will be processed through the online portal only.
- Photography, Sound and Video Recording Release:
Type name of student, then check “opt-in” or “opt-out.”
- How did you hear about this program?:
Please be as specific as possible. Thank you for your help!
Please sign or type your name where indicated. Important: Your application is not valid until signed and dated by you!
3) Register for this institute on the College Board’s website (required to complete your registration):
- The College Board maintains its own APSI registration records independently of Summer@Eastman. APSI participants are required to register on the College Board’s website in addition to completing Summer@Eastman’s registration process. (Payments are handled through Summer@Eastman only.)
- All participants must register with Summer@Eastman and with the College Board. (It doesn’t matter which registration happens first—you can do this in either order, as long as you complete both steps.)
- Please visit the College Board’s website and complete a brief registration form to sign up:
Click here to register for this event on the College Board’s website. (Click on the red “Register” button at the bottom of the page to access the registration webform.) Be sure to complete all of the registration screens–check the progress guide at the top of each page. You should receive a confirmation email from the College Board once this part of your registration is complete.
- Questions? Contact us at email@example.com.
4) Send completed forms to Summer@Eastman:
- Click here to upload completed application forms and additional documents to the secure Summer@Eastman dropbox.
- Application materials may also be faxed to (585)274-1005 or mailed to:
Eastman School of Music
26 Gibbs Street, Box 36
Rochester, NY 14604-2599
5) Main Deadline:
- Applications will be processed on a first-come, first-served basis until June 25, 2019 or until the class is full. Class size is limited to 20 participants. Apply early to guarantee your spot!