How to Register – Eastman Cello Institute
1) Apply for the institute
2) Audition requirements
3) How to fill out your Application Form
4) Additional Information – Required for Students Under 18
1) Apply for the institute:
- Application Form:
You can type directly into these online forms (Firefox and Internet Explorer web browsers work best; Safari may not support editable form fields) and print a copy for mailing.
- Mail Application Form and Additional Forms (students under 18):
Eastman School of Music
26 Gibbs Street, Box 36
Rochester, NY 14604-2599
Applications may also be faxed to (585)274-1089.
2) Audition requirements:
Please email your biography, résumé, repertoire list, and recording(s) to: email@example.com by April 3, 2018.
- Short Biography
One or two paragraphs about your solo and ensemble experience, awards, honors, etc.
- A current résumé and repertoire list
- Audition Recording
- One movement of Bach
- One movement of a standard concerto
- One movement of a sonata (with piano strongly recommended)
- One orchestral excerpt
- YouTube link(s) preferred; mp3 file(s) only accepted if video is not available
There is no fee to audition for this institute if applying by the April 3 deadline; after April 3, the late application fee is $50.
3) How to fill out your Application Form:
- Student Information:
Please provide all of the requested personal information in the top section of the form.
If you would like to stay in the Eastman Student Living Center, please indicate the check-in date and the check-out date. To calculate the number of nights, count the arrival day but not the departure date. Multiply this number by $79 (if reserved by June 1), $99 (if reserved June 2-15), or $109 (if reserved after June 15) to arrive at the total housing cost. If you choose to stay off-campus, please put $0 as the total. For other housing options, please click here.
- Registration Information/Discounts:
Write the CRN code (near the tuition at the bottom of the course description), the course number (near the course title), the course/institute name(s), and the tuition. Deduct $100 if you are a current ESM student or an ESM alumnus/alumna taking a noncredit institute.
You may pay by check or by credit card. For safety reasons, it is recommended that you send your application by mail or fax if it includes a credit card number. Please do not send any credit card information via email.
- Photography, Sound and Video Recording Release:
Write name of student, then check “opt-in” or “opt-out.”
- How did you hear about this program?
Please be as specific as possible. Thank you for your help!
Important: Your application is not valid until signed and dated by you (and, if under 18, your parent/guardian)!
4) Additional Information – Required for Students Under 18:
- Please provide all of the requested personal information.
- Apply by April 3, 2018
- No application fee through April 3; $50 late application fee after April 3
- Upon acceptance: tuition, Additional Forms for Students Under 18 (if applicable), and housing payment (if applicable) due by May 15, 2018.
- Apply by April 3, 2018