Eastman Leadership Academy
- For rising juniors, seniors, and graduate students enrolled in music degree programs who have demonstrated leadership experience and seek to develop careers that are impactful to their communities and the musical arts
- Academy dates: June 26-29, 2019
- Early Applications: March 1 & Final Applications: May 1
- Scholarship awards will be prioritized to those who apply by March 1
- Upon being accepted, registration deadline is: June 1
We recognize that success as a professional musician requires more than superb technique and artistry: success also requires the ability to communicate effectively, skills to advocate for music and the arts, an entrepreneurial mindset, commitment to fill meaningful and relevant roles in our communities – essentially, a robust portfolio of leadership skills.
Participants will engage with similarly passionate and dedicated musicians while focusing on topics such as innovation in the arts, application of entrepreneurial thinking and business skills, and crafting a personal mission. Students will collaborate with leading musicians, educators, and leaders in learning activities designed to be immersive, interactive, and participatory. Upon completion of the program, participants will receive a certificate recognizing their participation in the Academy.
For more information, visit https://iml.esm.rochester.edu/leadership-conference/about-the-eastman-leadership-academy/