PLEASE BE AWARE BEFORE REGISTERING:
- The Eastman School of Music currently requires proof of COVID vaccination (2nd dose of Pfizer, Moderna or 1st dose of J&J/Janssen vaccines) for all registered students. As of April 6, 2022, booster shots are no longer required.
- Masking is currently required in all indoor spaces on the Eastman campus; everyone must wear a non-cloth mask (N95, KN94, surgical mask, etc.) at all times. The one exception is for professionally-made masks for musicians, which may continue to be used when performing.
- Due to COVID-19 restrictions for Summer 2022, on-campus housing and meals at the Eastman Student Living Center will only be available to high school students age 15-17 years old. All collegiate and adult participants will be responsible for their own off-campus lodging and meals.
- COVID-19 safety policies and protocols are subject to change; we will update this page as new information is received.
HEALTH COVERAGE REQUIREMENTS FOR STUDENTS UNDER AGE 18
For younger students registered in residential programs, half-day programs, and institutes, proof of family health coverage must be provided. A medical form will be sent to all students under age 18 once they have confirmed their intent to attend a Summer@Eastman program; please include policy information on the form as instructed. The completed form must be returned before the program begins.
HEALTH COVERAGE REQUIREMENTS FOR SUMMER COLLEGIATE STUDENTS
We strongly urge all students to carry private insurance.
- If you were registered as a full-time Eastman student during the past year, the student health fee you previously paid will cover you for the summer session for similar health benefits.
- If you are attending summer session and will be entering Eastman in the fall as a new full-time student, you are required to immediately apply for health coverage through the University Health Service. Please contact the Admissions Office for the required form and to arrange for payment.
- If you are a Summers-Only degree student, you will not have coverage under the UHS plan.
AVAILABLE HEALTH SERVICES
A Health RA is available at specific times in the Student Living Center during summer session at no charge. If you need to see a doctor, the University Health Service charges standard community rates if you are not covered by UHS policy. It is highly recommended that you check your current private policy for existing coverage.
VISITING COLLEGIATE AND ADULT STUDENTS
Visiting students who will be studying at the Eastman School of Music for less than 8 weeks do not participate in the Student Health Plan. They are welcome to come to the University Health Service (UHS) for care on a fee-for-service basis.
International and non-US citizens participating in Summer@Eastman programs are required to have health insurance. Short-term health insurance may be available through Seven Corners, Inbound Guest: www.sevencorners.com.
NEW YORK STATE DEPARTMENT OF HEALTH: MENINGOCOCCAL DISEASE FACT SHEET
Click on this link to view a PDF of the New York State Department of Health’s Meningococcal Disease Fact Sheet: Meningococcal-fact-sheet-DOH