2019 Summer@Eastman Housing Information and Policies
Summer@Eastman housing is located in the Student Living Center of the Eastman School of Music. Most participants under age 18 are housed in double-occupancy rooms. A limited number of single-occupancy rooms are available. Participants may request to live in a double room with a preferred roommate; the Student Living Center staff will do their best to accommodate such requests but can make no guarantee. Room assignments will be provided at the time of check-in. You will receive an email with information about check-in (location & hours) once your course has been confirmed.
- The Student Living Center’s rooms are NOT air-conditioned. Students are not allowed to bring their own air conditioners due to the design of the windows and electrical outlet capacity in the rooms. Students are welcome to bring fans for room use; the Student Living Center has a limited selection of fans available for checkout.
- Several rooms include a loft bed (with ladder and guardrail) and might not be suitable for people with disabilities or with fear of height. If you have concerns about loft beds, please contact Residential Life at firstname.lastname@example.org or call (585) 274-1106.
- Rooms are cleaned after a participant’s departure; do not expect a hotel-level daily cleaning service.
- All participants are expected to leave rooms in reasonably good condition upon departure. Room inspections by Residential Life staff will be conducted after check-out. Any additional damages found or cleaning that needs to occur will be documented and billed to the participant’s account. Common charges are as follows: additional cleaning $35.00 to $125.00; replacement of a room key $125.00; damages to furniture or property range from $50 for scratches to furniture to the cost to replace. Please contact the Office for Residential Life with billing questions. Our office is open Monday through Friday, 9:00am to 5:00pm; closed weekends and holidays. We can be reached via email at email@example.com or by phone at (585) 274-1106.
- Rooms are not practice rooms. Practicing is prohibited in all areas of the Student Living Center. The Eastman School of Music’s Annex has plenty of practice rooms for participants’ needs.
- The Eastman School of Music is not responsible for personal property. Participants should consider obtaining insurance coverage for their personal property.
Participants attending summer programs must complete the registration process (including supplemental information for students under age 18) and send full payment. All housing requests must be for a minimum stay of three days. Requests for Student Living Center housing received after June 1, 2019 may not be granted if space is no longer available. Requests for housing after June 24 will not be granted.
The housing rate for 2019 is $81. This rate includes housing for one night and three meals at the SLC Dining Center.
If you encounter problems with your application, please contact the Summer@Eastman Office at: firstname.lastname@example.org or call 1-844-820-3766.
Summer@Eastman housing begins Sunday, June 23, 2019, with numerous options for weekly starting times. Summer@Eastman housing ends on Saturday, August 3, 2019 at noon. See the chart below for specific information about programs’ check-in and check-out times.
Check-in at the Student Living Center is available between noon and 5:00 p.m. for participants in institutes and collegiate programs; students attending Eastman Experience: Summer Jazz Studies or Eastman Experience: Summer Classical Studies should refer to their program materials for specific arrival information.
Upon arrival on campus, all students should proceed immediately to the Student Living Center’s front desk at 100 Gibbs Street to check in and pick up housing materials (keys, access cards, etc.). Directional signage stating “Summer@Eastman Housing Check-in” will guide students to the Front Desk. Click here to download the Eastman Campus map.
Check-out for students in all programs must be completed no later than 10:00 a.m. the day after a program ends. Information about check-out procedures will be posted and distributed to Summer@Eastman participants two weeks prior to the end of summer programs. Students must return their room keys and ID cards prior to departing campus. Rooms must be left in satisfactory condition. Participants who are not able to check out of their rooms during office hours will receive instructions for express check-out, including where to leave their materials and a number to call to confirm that they have done so.
All Summer@Eastman students are expected to move out the day after the program ends, as shown in the check-out column below:
Eastman’s Student Living Center houses mostly double rooms for minor students (under age 18) and single rooms for collegiate and adult students. It also has recently-renovated floor lounges to support floor community (flat-screen TVs, microwaves, couches, and chairs). Laundry facilities are available on the lower level; the main floor has a vending area and a beautiful courtyard.
Each double-occupancy room is furnished with:
(2) Single beds (extra-long twin bed)
(2) three-drawer dressers
(2) wardrobe closets
(2) computer desks with chairs
(2) wired and wireless connections
During your stay, you will be provided with a pillow, sheet set, and towels. When you leave, you are required to bring all of your linens to the Mail Room (located on the first floor of the Student Living Center). There will be a bin for you to place your linens in before your departure.
Residential students’ daily housing rate includes three meals at the Dining Center located on the Student Living Center’s ground floor. The Summer Dining Center hours are as follows:
Breakfast : 7:30am – 8:30am
Lunch: 12:00pm – 1:00pm
Dinner: 5:00pm – 6:00pm
The Student Living Center’s amenities also include: cable TV, internet access, a game room, a bike storage room, a laundry room, and an enclosed outdoor courtyard.
Upon arrival, Summer@Eastman residential students will receive a temporary University ID card that allows them access to Eastman’s Student Living Center, the Annex practice rooms, and the Sibley Music Library. Longer programs such as Music Horizons and Summer Jazz Studies require a photo ID card. The ID card will be issued shortly after the students’ arrival.
Student ID cards are free for visiting and current/incoming UR students. If a card is damaged, it will be replaced at no charge. There is a $15.00 charge for lost cards. Visitors must return their University photo ID card and Student Living Center keys upon check-out.
Questions about summer housing?
Contact Residential Life, email@example.com (585) 274-1106
Or visit: https://www.esm.rochester.edu/reslife/student-living-center/
Questions about summer dining options?
Contact Cheryl Kilts, firstname.lastname@example.org (585) 275-8756