How to Register – Collegiate Programs
CURRENT EASTMAN STUDENTS:
- All Graduate Courses:
- Please sign up for courses through the Registrar’s Office
- Applied Music & Composition Lessons:
- Please email Dr. Sylvie Beaudette at: email@example.com before registering.
- Doctoral Comprehensive Examinations:
- Please contact the Graduate Office by May 1, 2018 before registering.
- Independent Studies:
- Please contact the Graduate Office before registering.
Please confirm program of study with Dr. Alden Snell at firstname.lastname@example.org before registering.
- First-year Summers-Only students must take placement exams for Music History and Theory (June 24, 2018) before registering for history and theory courses.
IMPORTANT: Before applying, please contact the faculty member who teaches the course you’re interested in. S/he will determine if the level of the course is appropriate for you. If approved, proceed as listed below:
1) Apply for your chosen course
2) How to fill out your Application Form
3) Main Deadline
1) Apply for your chosen course:
- Application Form:
You can type directly into these online forms (Firefox and Internet Explorer web browsers work best; Safari may not support editable form fields) and print a copy for mailing.
- Mail Application Form and payment to:
Eastman School of Music
26 Gibbs Street, Box 36
Rochester, NY 14604-2599
Applications may also be faxed to (585)274-1089.
2) How to fill out your Application Form:
- Student Information:
Please provide all of the requested personal information in the top section of the form.
If you would like to stay in the Eastman Student Living Center, please indicate the check-in date and the check-out date. To calculate the number of nights, count the arrival day but not the departure date. Multiply this number by $79 (if reserved by June 1), $99 (if reserved June 2-15), or $109 (if reserved after June 15) to arrive at the total housing cost. If you choose to stay off-campus, please put $0 as the total. For other housing options, please click here.
- Registration Information/Discounts:
Write the CRN code (near the tuition at the bottom of the course description), the course number (near the course title), the course/institute name(s), and the tuition. Deduct $100 if you are a current ESM student or an ESM alumnus/alumna taking a noncredit institute.
- Payment: Full payment of tuition and housing (if applicable) must accompany your application. You may pay by check or by credit card. For safety reasons, it is recommended that you send your application by mail or fax if it includes a credit card number. Please do not send any credit card information via email.
- Photography, Sound and Video Recording Release: Write name of student, then check “opt-in” or “opt-out.”
- How did you hear about this program?
Please be as specific as possible. Thank you for your help!
- Signatures: Important: Your application is not valid until signed and dated by you!
3) Main Deadline:
- Applications must be postmarked by June 1, 2018; however, some programs fill up quickly, so do apply early.
- A $50 late application fee will be charged for any applications received after the June 1 deadline.