IMPORTANT NOTE: If you are applying for The Artistic Flutist: Bonita Boyd International Flute Masterclass, Eastman Cello Institute, Eastman French Horn Institute, Eastman Summer Trombone Institute, The Pianist’s Guide to Dance Accompaniment (credit course only), or the Summer Wind Conducting Institute, an audition is required before you can register. Please DO NOT register until you have been accepted to the program.
PLEASE BE AWARE BEFORE REGISTERING:
- The Eastman School of Music currently requires proof of COVID vaccination (2nd dose of Pfizer, Moderna or 1st dose of J&J/Janssen vaccines) for all registered students. As of April 6, 2022, booster shots are no longer required.
- Over the summer, the University moved to a new system in which three COVID-19 tiers—low, medium, and high—both determine and communicate the face mask requirements on University campuses. Students, faculty, staff, visitors—anyone who plans to be inside a University building or facility—can check the status and know whether face masks are required indoors (high), strongly encouraged (medium), or optional (low). The system directly correlates with the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention’s COVID 19 Community Levels for Monroe County and provides a consistent framework upon which to base University masking guidance.
- The current University COVID-19 tier can be found on the face mask guidelines page and the COVID-19 Resource Center.
Complete and submit our online registration form (linked below). You can save the form without submitting and return at a later time if needed.
- All students NOT currently enrolled in an Eastman degree program must provide a current music résumé. Upload your résumé in PDF format using the uploader in the online registration form (please name the file as shown below before sending).
- Students auditing workshops or registering for non-performance courses: please upload a short letter telling us about yourself and your general experience with music. We want to know about you! No recommendation letter or repertoire list is required.
Supporting documents, letters of recommendation, and other files can be sent to our office using the uploader in the online registration form or by using Summer@Eastman’s secure online dropbox. (If you have already sent these documents as part of your audition, you do not need to send them again, unless we have asked you for more information.) Name your files using the examples below as a guide, then click here to submit files using Summer@Eastman’s secure online dropbox.
- RESUME (everyone): Last name_Resume.pdf
- REPERTOIRE LIST (if required): Last name_Instrument_RepList.pdf
- RECOMMENDATION LETTER(S) (if required): Last name_Instrument_Rec1.pdf; Last name_Instrument_Rec2.pdf (etc.)
- OTHER LETTERS (if sending): Last name_Instrument_Letter.pdf
- Additional Forms for students under age 18:
Students attending in-person programs who will be under age 18 as of June 27, 2022 are also required to sign and return our Medical Authorization Form and Permissions and Code of Conduct Form before participating in Summer@Eastman programs. Students under age 18 who are registered for online programs only must sign and return our Online Etiquette form; we will contact you when this form is available.
- To forward forms, recommendation letters, or other materials in support of your registration after you’ve submitted the online form, you may:
- Click here to upload documents to the secure Summer@Eastman online dropbox
- Email documents to the Summer@Eastman office at: email@example.com
Please do not send anything by postal mail at this time, as we are working remotely due to COVID-19 restrictions and are not regularly on campus to receive postal mail. Be sure to include the student name on all sent files.
Andrea Schuler, Summer@Eastman Program Coordinator, will email you to confirm receipt of your registration. Please add firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com to your email address book to ensure that messages from our office are sent to your Inbox and not to a spam folder–we want to be able to reach you!
If you have not received a confirmation email within a few days of sending your registration, check your spam folder; if you don’t find the confirmation email, contact the Summer@Eastman office.
Billing notifications will be sent automatically via email from the UR Bursar’s Office when charges are assessed for Summer term (this usually happens in late spring). No payment is required until you receive a bill notification.
Payment information and instructions can be foundhere. If you must pay with a method other than those listed above, please contact the Summer@Eastman office: email Andrea Schuler, Summer@Eastman Program Coordinator, at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Courses will be confirmed when required enrollment has been reached. We will notify students about course confirmation/cancellation as soon as a decision has been made. Full refunds will be issued for any canceled courses.
Applications must be received by May 15, 2022; however, some programs fill up quickly, so apply early!