IMPORTANT NOTE: If you are applying for the Virtual Summer Cello Workshop, Eastman Clarinet Online Workshop, Eastman French Horn Online Workshop, Summer Organ Online Workshop, or the Eastman Trombone Online Workshop, an audition is required before you can register. Please DO NOT register until you have been accepted to the program.
Complete and submit our online registration form (linked below). You can save the form without submitting and return at a later time if needed.
- All students NOT currently enrolled in an Eastman degree program must provide a current music résumé. Upload your résumé in PDF format using the uploader in the online registration form (please name the file as shown below before sending).
- For students auditing workshops or registering for non-performance courses: please upload a short letter telling us about yourself and your general experience with music. We want to know about you! No recommendation letter or repertoire list is required.
Supporting documents, letters of recommendation, and other files can be sent to our office using the uploader in the online registration form or by using Summer@Eastman’s secure online dropbox. (If you have already sent these documents as part of your audition, you do not need to send them again, unless we have asked you for more information.) Name your files using the examples below as a guide, then click here to submit files using Summer@Eastman’s secure online dropbox.
- RESUME (everyone): Last name_Resume.pdf
- REPERTOIRE LIST (if required): Last name_Instrument_RepList.pdf
- RECOMMENDATION LETTER(S) (if required): Last name_Instrument_Rec1.pdf; Last name_Instrument_Rec2.pdf (etc.)
- OTHER LETTERS (if sending): Last name_Instrument_Letter.pdf
- Additional Forms for students under age 18:
Students who will be under age 18 as of June 27, 2021 are also required to sign and return our Online Etiquette form before participating in Summer@Eastman programs. We will email this form to you when your course has been confirmed.
- To forward forms, recommendation letters, or other materials in support of your registration after you’ve submitted the online form, you may:
- Click here to upload documents to the secure Summer@Eastman online dropbox
- Email documents to the Summer@Eastman office at: email@example.com
Please do not send anything by postal mail at this time, as we are working remotely (due to COVID-19 restrictions) and are not on campus to receive postal mail. Be sure to include the student name on all sent digital files.
Billing notifications will be sent automatically via email from the UR Bursar’s Office when charges are assessed for Summer term. No payment is required until you receive a bill notification.
We accept credit card payments, purchase orders, and checks. Payments can also be made online via ACH transfer/e-check through UR Student (the University of Rochester’s student account system) once your student account has been created. Information about payment options can be found here.
Courses will be confirmed when required enrollment has been reached. We will notify students about course confirmation/cancellation as soon as a decision has been made. Full refunds will be issued for any canceled courses.
Applications must be received by June 1, 2021; however, some programs fill up quickly, so apply early!