IMPORTANT NOTE: If you are applying for The Artistic Flutist: Bonita Boyd International Flute Masterclass, Eastman Cello Institute, Eastman French Horn Institute, Eastman Summer Trombone Institute, The Pianist’s Guide to Dance Accompaniment (credit course only), or the Summer Wind Conducting Institute, an audition is required before you can register. Please DO NOT register until you have been accepted to the program.
PLEASE BE AWARE BEFORE REGISTERING:
- The Eastman School of Music currently requires proof of COVID vaccination (2nd dose of Pfizer, Moderna or 1st dose of J&J/Janssen vaccines) for all registered students. As of April 6, 2022, booster shots are no longer required.
- Masking is currently required in all indoor spaces on the Eastman campus; everyone must wear a non-cloth mask (N95, KN94, surgical mask, etc.) at all times. The one exception is for professionally-made masks for musicians, which may continue to be used when performing.
- COVID-19 safety policies and protocols are subject to change; we will update this page as new information is received.
Complete and submit our online registration form (linked below). You can save the form without submitting and return at a later time if needed.
- All students NOT currently enrolled in an Eastman degree program must provide a current music résumé. Upload your résumé in PDF format using the uploader in the online registration form (please name the file as shown below before sending).
- Students auditing workshops or registering for non-performance courses: please upload a short letter telling us about yourself and your general experience with music. We want to know about you! No recommendation letter or repertoire list is required.
Supporting documents, letters of recommendation, and other files can be sent to our office using the uploader in the online registration form or by using Summer@Eastman’s secure online dropbox. (If you have already sent these documents as part of your audition, you do not need to send them again, unless we have asked you for more information.) Name your files using the examples below as a guide, then click here to submit files using Summer@Eastman’s secure online dropbox.
- RESUME (everyone): Last name_Resume.pdf
- REPERTOIRE LIST (if required): Last name_Instrument_RepList.pdf
- RECOMMENDATION LETTER(S) (if required): Last name_Instrument_Rec1.pdf; Last name_Instrument_Rec2.pdf (etc.)
- OTHER LETTERS (if sending): Last name_Instrument_Letter.pdf
- Additional Forms for students under age 18:
Students attending in-person programs who will be under age 18 as of June 27, 2022 are also required to sign and return our Medical Authorization Form and Permissions and Code of Conduct Form before participating in Summer@Eastman programs. Students under age 18 who are registered for online programs only must sign and return our Online Etiquette form; we will contact you when this form is available.
- To forward forms, recommendation letters, or other materials in support of your registration after you’ve submitted the online form, you may:
- Click here to upload documents to the secure Summer@Eastman online dropbox
- Email documents to the Summer@Eastman office at: email@example.com
Please do not send anything by postal mail at this time, as we are working remotely due to COVID-19 restrictions and are not regularly on campus to receive postal mail. Be sure to include the student name on all sent files.
Billing notifications will be sent automatically via email from the UR Bursar’s Office when charges are assessed for Summer term (this usually happens in late spring). No payment is required until you receive a bill notification.
Payment information and instructions can be foundhere. If you must pay with a method other than those listed above, please contact the Summer@Eastman office: email Andrea Schuler, Summer@Eastman Program Coordinator, at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Courses will be confirmed when required enrollment has been reached. We will notify students about course confirmation/cancellation as soon as a decision has been made. Full refunds will be issued for any canceled courses.
Applications must be received by May 15, 2022; however, some programs fill up quickly, so apply early!